Exciting(well, exciting while under self-isolating rule) Day!


        Today I got up, had lots of energy, stripped my bed and took a shower! Afterwards I put the sheets in the washer!  I straightened up downstairs and then I was ravenous. I took one of the frozen bananas out of the freezer and while it was defrosting I read my email!  I had forgotten about the banana and when I went back to get it, it looked soggy and I threw it away!  Later I called my friend Madelyn.  She adopted a girl named Yana from Olivia's orphanage, Yana came to visit Olivia last summer.  It was so much fun to catch up and to chat with Madelyn!     
        I love to play the online game "Words with Friends." One of my online game friends, Chotee, asked me how I was doing with the Covid-19 pandemic.  I had thought she lived in the UK, but she actually lives on a beautiful island named Maritius in the Indian Ocean!  She told me that her island is on lockdown and only 9 people have died. I don't know what the population of the island is! I just looked it up and the population is 1.265 million! English is not her first language but she is so good at the game Words with Friends!Her first language is Hindi and Creole!  So I learned something new today and that is always exciting!
           My PD was behaving so I decided to brown the hamburger meat for Tacos for dinner. I try to get as much as possible done when my Sciatica is not too bad and my PD is behaving!  Olivia told me that she didn't want to have Tacos and neither did Olya or Dan. I told her not to eat it if she didn't want it! I never make my kids eat any food they don't like, but I never make additional foods for them.  I seasoned and browned the meat and made a few hamburger patties too.  After I browned the meat and added the Taco sauce, my friend Adriana called me. Adriana is in my bereaved moms lunch group and I invited her to join the local library book club! She suggested that we have a Zoom meeting for the daytime bereaved moms. I told her that I would be happy to run it if she could set it up!  I had called her earlier because I needed her help to download a new library program called Hoopla. It is free and some libraries have it. For ereaders, unlimited numbers of people can read the same book at the same time! I think libraries pay about $500 monthly to have this program. While I was chatting with Adriana, Olivia and Olya came downstairs.  The meat was still warm in a container because I had just finished making it.  As I was in the other room chatting with my friend on the phone, I saw Olivia make two Tacos and eat them. Then Olya ate a Taco.  When Dan came home later, he finished the Taco meat. I had planned for them to have the Tacos for dinner. (Always about the FOOD!!) Olya cooked the hamburgers for dinner. I can't keep any food in this house!!  It disappears as soon as I make it!

     
       
            

               Later I chatted with my sister, she is going crazy organizing and uncluttering her house! I am organizing but I am not a pack rat so I don't have that much to get rid of.  My SIL Adam called me and told me that he picked up the pizzas for Renee and the ER staff at the hospital where she works!  He also ordered wings and salads and other food from his country club to take to the ER! (Always about the FOOD!!) He has to pay a monthly fee even though the club is closed so I am glad that he got some take-out food
          My daughter Renee has a friend named Melissa!  They have been friends since sixth grade.  Melissa's mom's name is Claudia.  We actually went to the same high school and were in the same class.  We didn't hang around in the same crowd but we were friendly!  And I have gotten to know her so much better because the girls were both in high school band and hung around together. She told me that she and her husband are making tons of masks and she wanted to give some to Renee for the nurses she works with, I told her that I knew Renee would be thrilled!  It was fun chatting and catching up with her!
         And last, but certainly not least, my good friend Amy called me.  She is a new grandmother and she is thrilled.  We had planned to be in-laws because she has two sons and a daughter and I had one son and two daughters and they all went to high school together.  We were hoping for at least one match  but it never happened!!  Amy is definitely following the self-isolation rule so that she can see her granddaughter!
      So today was a very fun day because I got to chat and catch up with several friends. I think it made me miss them more!!  And my PD was Ok today!!! Everyone I spoke to today asked how I was doing with my PD and Sciatica.  In the big scheme of life, especially during a pandemic, it just doesn't seem that big of a deal.
         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Once in a Lifetime View of my Daughter's Room! And Happy Birthday Kat

NEW BLOG

Another Day, Another Take-out Order!!