SO Much Fun From Surprising My Friends!!

     

   The other day I asked Dan to bring home $100 worth of lottery tickets because I wanted to mail them to my friends as a surprise! I also had him get  two twenty dollar tickets for me.  I don't play much and I rarely win!!  Every once in a while I get on a binge and buy ten or twenty dollars worth! I mailed out the tickets to my friends and then I scratched my tickets. I won $100 on one of the lottery $20 cards! So that actually paid for the tickets I mailed to my friends as a surprise!   I have NEVER won that much on any card, ever!!   I got my own surprise that day!! My friends Jackie and Carol serenaded me on the phone with   "Thank You For Being A Friend!"  They also serenaded me for my birthday! They should go on the road as a traveling show!  I am so happy that I brought a little bit of joy to my friends!  And I hope someone wins BIG!!  I also mailed a few cards to Olivia and Olya!  They love to get mail! It is true that the more you give, the more you get!  I got the nicest emails, text messages, phone calls and Facebook messages thanking me for the lottery tickets! And they brightened my day!! 
         I slept fairly well last night but I am still so tired today!!  The Facebook page I started last year for People With Parkinson's is now a year old and I have over 800 members.   That is bittersweet because I  am happy that we all connected but sad that there are so many of us!  
         I see that the President wants the country to open  but I am still afraid to go out in public.  As soon as a vaccine is available, I will gladly get it and resume the life I once knew,  but for now, I am a chicken! There are too many crazy people out there, I saw that a woman spit on a store employee and another woman went around licking foods in the supermarket!  I am OK if I have to die right away but I am so afraid to have to go on a ventilator. My friend with PD told me that she would refuse a ventilator because so many people don't come off of it. I think that PD makes me feel less secure in what an outcome would be. I have so much trouble just moving from place to place in my house that I can't imagine being in a hospital bed and not being able to move around.  I see the high number of deaths and I think of the sad families who have lost loved ones. What price for a life?? When it is your own loved one's life, no price is too high to pay!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Once in a Lifetime View of my Daughter's Room! And Happy Birthday Kat

NEW BLOG

Another Day, Another Take-out Order!!