FAILED Thank You Banner for Healthcare Workers

         
        I made a long thank you banner to hang outside the  hospital where Renee works. I spent several hours making it!  Dan went with me this morning to help me hang it. It was so WINDY.  We had quite a time trying to hold it and stop it from flapping in the wind and ripping!  We found a wall to put it up on and had about half of it duct taped when one of the maintenance guys came driving by. He was really nice but told us that wasn't a good spot because of the helicopter landing near there and it would be pulled off the wall and possibly into the helicopter blades. We said Ok and he said Thank you so much anyway!  By that time, much of it had ripped because of the wind so I told Dan to bunch it up and we took it home and threw it away! Yesterday Dan said to me...do you really want to go near a hospital?  That thought stayed with me!   I was thinking that stupid me will wind up getting covid 19 from trying to hang the banner!  And it if had been swept up into the helicopter blades, I could have been responsible for people getting injured!   Oh well, the thought was there!! My PD was acting up and making me feel off balance, maybe due to the crazy winds!!
        Yesterday our food order came from Giant(ALWAYS about the food)!!  Olya came bounding down the steps two by two, I think!  She happily and loudly said  "there's a giant truck in our driveway, the food is here!"  Dan thought she mean huge truck, she meant a GIANT food store truck which actually was quite large. We had a giant GIANT Peapod truck in the driveway!  I think our food order was about $400, less a  few items that were out of stock! Olivia and Olya were thrilled opening all of the bags while helping us put the food away!  They probably ate about ten different things after we put the food away!! 
          Today Donna, the  customer service woman from Acme, is going to deliver a few dozen donuts and orange juice to the ER staff at Renee's hospital.  I gave her my credit card info over the phone. Last time, her manager picked up the bill and didn't charge me anything. I told her that I informed Renee that the Acme manager had footed the bill.  She told me that they received a lovely thank you note from the ER staff and the manager was thrilled. I hope he doesn't think that I want free items because I am happy to pay for the food!
         I have had such a difficult time sleeping lately. It has to be due to PD because I am always tired and I really want to sleep. I am up almost every hour or two and it takes me over an hour to fall back to sleep!!
       
       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Once in a Lifetime View of my Daughter's Room! And Happy Birthday Kat

NEW BLOG

Another Day, Another Take-out Order!!