Another Day in My Life with PD

  Monday
              Today I woke up and felt so much better. I am still tired but not as tired as I have been!  I took a really long shower because I cleaned and scrubbed the tile while I was in the shower!  After I got dressed and went downstairs, I cleaned the kitchen. And I cleaned out and organized a few shelves in one cabinet.  My Sciatica was so painful!  I had to sit while I was organizing items.
         Thank you to everyone who messaged, called and emailed me and wrote on the comments about Renee. It made me feel good!  I chatted with my friend Joni today. She is so funny!  It's always so good to chat with friends while we are in the stay at home rule!  I also spoke to my sister.  She  is still teaching her online college courses.
           I am going to try to list a few things that are positive from the shelter in place rule. The pandemic is awful because so many people have gotten sick and many have died. I am going to try to think positive. I know that we are all saving lives if we adhere to the shelter in place rule.

Life is a slower pace and I am enjoying that.
Yesterday Dan and I went to the cemetery to visit Amy and to drop cookies off to Renee at the ER and we really enjoyed just being outside and riding in the car.
I have plenty of time to write my blog and read my email.
I am getting a lot of closets and cabinets organized and I have been purging lots of crap I don't need!
We've had lots of delicious dinners together!



Tuesday
      If you can think of any  positive things, please write them in the comment section!
      Yesterday I went for a walk for the first time in a few days.  I started walking up the street and Dan came driving by. He stopped and parked his car where he was and got out and walked with me. I was glad that he walked with me because I kept pitching forward while walking.  I tell myself to stand up straight and not lean forward, but my brain, due to PD, does not always listen to me! I walked farther because he was with me. My Sciatica was terrible but I really think that walking calms it down in the bigger scheme of things! I try not to think about my Sciatica but it is always there!  We only appreciate good health when we lose some of it!
        When Olivia lived in the orphanage in Ukraine, the kids use to bake potatoes in hot coals. lots of farmers gave their excess crops to the orphanage. The kids would build a huge fire and put the potatoes under the hot coals and cook them.  Olivia wanted to do that so Dan got the coals going and she cooked the potatoes in the coals.  They smelled so good when they were cooking. I made breaded chicken and baked cauliflower to go with the potatoes. It takes me twice as long ot do anything because of my Sciatica and my PD.  Some days I am just off balance and have to deal with it the best I can. So sitting or leaning into the sink works for me. I had to sit to marinate and later bread the chicken.  Everything was delicious(ALWAYS ABOUT THE FOOD!!)

Wednesday
         Yesterday I spoke to a few friends on the phone. My friend Leslie's son is engaged to a beautiful Chinese Doctor.  Her parents want to have an engagement party for the couple in Taiwan in Dec.  I hope the pandemic calms down by then. My sister told me that Taiwan is probably the safest place to be. They locked down their city and have only had a handful of people diagnosed with Covid 19.  Leslie got another box of disposable masks in the mail. She offered them to Renee, she is so nice!!
        My friend Priscilla drove a scrub cap with buttons on it to Renee.  The healthcare workers can put their hair up in the cap which also has buttons sewed on so that the back of their ears don't get raw from the elastic straps!   My daughter-in-law Kat is still sewing masks for healthcare friends. She is going to mail two to my sister, which will be a surprise!  So I think I have wonderful friends and relatives!
        I also chatted with my friend Deb.  Her daughter was almost finished Cosmetology School but of course, now she can only do online classes. It will take longer for the class to complete their degrees because they need a lot of floor hours!

Wednesday
      Today my Sciatica has calmed down a bit!!  I am so glad about it and I hope it lasts!   I didn't walk or exercise yesterday so now I think exercise aggravates it. Dan bought a new camera for my computer and tried to install it.  Since he couldn't install it himself, he told me to call a computer company we have used before. The guy tried everything and finally told me that he thinks the camera is defective. Now I have to return it! The picture on the camera makes me look like a huge white fuzzy blob!! I was hoping it would work so that I can participate in the online book club meeting!
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Once in a Lifetime View of my Daughter's Room! And Happy Birthday Kat

NEW BLOG

Another Day, Another Take-out Order!!