Cake Cookies for the Heroes!!

        Today I got up and felt better and had more energy. Now I know that it is better to keep doing whatever I can because when I am worn out, I am really down and out. Yesterday I had planned to make cookies for my daughter Renee and the ER staff at the hospital where she works. She is a PA in the ER.  When I got out the flour, I had less than a half cup.  I felt bad because I really wanted to make cookies while I felt pretty good. I started looking at recipes online and I found a few cookie recipes that used box cake mix!

         I got everything out last night so that I could bake as soon as I got up.  I also only had two eggs so I knew I could only make one box mix. Olivia and Olya love eggs and they make eggs for breakfast most mornings.  I made a white box cake mix that had little candy colors in it. It was a confetti cake box mix.  My Sciatica was terrible today but I was determined to make the cookies. I had to add a few extra ingredients to the box mix for cookies.  They smelled heavenly while they were baking.  After they cooled, I got a plastic plate and wrapped them up.  They tasted so delicious!! Dan and I dropped them off at the ER and then went to the cemetery.  I called Renee and told her we were outside and I was afraid to go into the ER. She told me to just put the tray down by the door and she would come and get it!   The automatic sliding door kept opening.  A nurse came out and asked me if I needed help.  They were probably wondering who the idiot was who kept walking by the automatic doors and didn't come in! I handed her the cookie tray, and told her that I was Renee's mom, and she was quite thankful!   I am so fortunate to have such wonderful friends. My friend Nancy had read my blog  post about not having flour and she offered to bring some to me!!
        I feel so much better today! My PD is acting like it did before I got diagnosed. I think that means I need my meds increased. I am planning to call my neurologist tomorrow. .My Sciatica is back and it hurts so much! I am doing my best to  try to ignore it but it isn't easy!! I think I will do some stretching exercises. And I am going to work on organizing my kitchen cabinets! I have too much stuff in them!
       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Once in a Lifetime View of my Daughter's Room! And Happy Birthday Kat

NEW BLOG

Another Day, Another Take-out Order!!