I couldn't blog yesterday about living with PD because it was the 19th anniversary date of my beloved 18 year old daughter Amy's death. I think that most people can only understand or fully comprehend the worst thing that has ever happened to them or a family member. For example, I can't comprehend what it is like to have Covid 19 or have a family member diagnosed with it and/or die from it. PD just seems like a little thing compared to losing a child. But I sure wish I didn't have it. I don't think that anyone who doesn't have Parkinson's or have a family member with the diagnosis can completely understand what we as PD people, live with on a daily basis. Since I am still in the early stages, I can't really comprehend the issues I may have to deal with in the future. I can read about the possible issues, know them logically, but not really understand them until I may have to deal with them! The worst part of PD, for me, is the accompanying Sciatica! Sciatica is so painful and flares up daily in varying degrees of pain. If the Sciatica is calm, my day is always so much better! I also sometimes feel sick to my stomach from all of the meds I take and that is awful. Give me pain over nausea any day!! I think no one appreciates good health until they don't have it!! I am planning to take a short walk today if my Sciatica clams down and my nausea goes away!!
The first photo is of a gift I got in the mail. It came from Amazon but there was no card or paper inside the box. I put it together and realized that it is a garden flag holder. I asked around and Renee told me that she sent it for Mother's Day. She had ordered flowers but they never were delivered so she ordered this instead. It is so cute! The cards are from my daughters Olivia and Olya, and my sister-in-law Pennie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Once in a Lifetime View of my Daughter's Room! And Happy Birthday Kat

NEW BLOG

Another Day, Another Take-out Order!!