/6

25-6/27

On Wed., I didn’t get much done because I had a doctor’s appt. It is amazing how long it takes to go to an appt. It sort of ties up your day. When I got home, I did some gardening and then ran a few errands. I am starting to like my orange marigolds. I usually plant pink, red, and white flowers but I am so sick of the deer eating everything that I just decided to go orange and yellow this year! And they don’t eat marigolds! They have eaten plants that I have purchased that had a tag that said, deer do not eat these or something to that effect! But they did find my rose bush out front, it has deer netting on it but they managed to eat anything that wasn’t completely covered!
I am working on a project for Olivia’s birthday so I got that in motion with some help from family members. Olivia had a few friends over to swim. I love to hear the laughter of young people! She has the nicest high school girlfriends. Olivia’s boyfriend is down the shore for a week and I think it was nice that she had free time for her girlfriends. We wouldn’t allow her to go to the shore because we are afraid of getting Coronavirus! Olivia and Olya went shopping for shorts at TJ Maxx. They said the store was crowded and people had to wait outside in line. I decided to bake a cake. I never put frosting on a cake unless it is for a birthday! I made a fat free chocolate cake. It is fat free because I used applesauce instead of oil. It also makes the cake much more moist!!
On Thur., I had a ton of energy so I cleaned my house! My Parkinson’s went crazy for the last few days. Whenever something is out of whack physically, my PD just can’t handle it! I am not sure what is out of whack, my “C” issue has sort of been on track by taking the Miralax and Linzess so I know it isn’t that! I just LOVE a clean house. I noticed that my gait kept freeing but I kept trying to ignore it. I realize that I can’t go backwards walking so I have to walk around in a circle to change directions. Sometimes I have to talk to myself to make myself move! If anyone looked in the windows, they would thing I had lost my mind! I was so tired after cleaning and a bit of gardening, that I just laid down on the couch and watched TV and dozed off. I don’t like to take naps because I have more difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep all night. Olya had a friend over to swim. I just love her friend Lilly, she is such a lovely young woman! Later, Olya and I went to the farm market o buy some fresh fruits and vegetables. We invited Olivia and Dan to go but they didn’t want to! When we got home, Olya and I put the fruits and veggies away. I cut and sliced the watermelon and washed the berries and grapes, etc. It is extremely difficult for me to cut a watermelon because I have trouble standing for a long period of time. Guess who wanted to eat them???? I said to Olya, it’s like the story of The Little Red Hen!! “Who wants to go to the farm market?” “Not I” said Dan. “Not I,” said Olivia. “Who wants to help us carry the groceries into the house?” “Not I,” said Dan. “Not I’, said Olivia!” “Who wants to help wash and cut the fruits?” “Not I,” said Dan. “Not I,” said Olivia. But of course, who were the first two to eat the fruits and veggies?……………Dan and Olivia!!!! Olivia and Olya did not know the story of “The Little Red Hen.” I guess it wasn’t a tale told to the children in Ukraine!!
Dan and Olivia and Olya have been working on a new puzzle. It is on the dining room table. I think my cat does not like it on the spot where he lays and naps most days. I cracked up when I came down and saw him on the puzzle table!
Later I made chicken cutlets. I also made and froze hamburger patties! I seasoned the meat and made the patties. I froze most of the patties but I left a few in the fridge for tonight’s dinner. I had to sit down halfway through because my leg with sciatica was throbbing. GRRR, I hate when PD makes me have to stop doing something! So I just sat at the kitchen table and made the patties! The girls came in all upset because a little bird had been caught in the deer netting around my rose bush. I felt so bad, they were so upset. The poor bird was so cute! I called our vet and asked if they could help the bird but they said, no, they didn’t work with wildlife. I also called the game warden and got no answer. I also called the SPCA but they also don’t take wildlife. I think the bird had a broken wing. It did not like being kept in the box so the girls took it outside and it sort of hopped, flew a little, away!
Last night, the girls went to a 21st birthday party for one of Olya’s best friends. It was nice that they were both invited! Dan had to work late so I wrote notes to some of my friends! I think I got a bit carried away but it was fun and kept me busy!! It was my good friend Joni’s birthday yesterday and she invited us to go out to dinner with her and her husband. I would have loved to go but I am still afraid of Covid 19. I am really afraid of contracting it because I have underlying medical issues and so does Dan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Once in a Lifetime View of my Daughter's Room! And Happy Birthday Kat

NEW BLOG

Another Day, Another Take-out Order!!