6/29/20
My typical day!
I got up at 8:30 didn’t sleep well at all. I watched several episodes of Law and Order during the night! When I got up, I showered, teeth brushed, meds taken, bed made, dressed, moisturized and headed down the steps at 9:30. I use to be able to do these tasks in about 20-30 minutes! I always put my clothes out at night. I am so freaking slow now. I went outside and watered my flowers in the ground and my flower pots. That took about 30-40 minutes! I am slow moving and I felt like I was going to fall forward a few times so I had to slow down and be more deliberate in my walking and in my steps! My Roomba is on an automatic schedule and it was running. I had to pick up all of the throw rugs and shake them out! Olivia came downstairs and told me that she was meeting her friend at Ulta (a huge cosmetic store) and we chatted until her friend called her and was ready to leave her house! I cleaned the refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and oven doors. I also cleaned the kitchen counters and put a few glasses into the dishwasher. I can’t stand fingerprints!
Then I went on the computer and read my emails, etc. I usually turn on CNN to stay abreast of the latest Covid 19 news. Dr Fauci thinks, that if a vaccine is developed, it will be about 70-75% effective (NOT good news)! Yesterday I was so hungry. I ate and ate and then I ate some more!! I thought that I had gained about 5 pounds yesterday but fortunately my weight was the same this morning.
Today we packed a lunch and went to have a picnic at a local park! The weather was beautiful and we found a shady area with a picnic table!! This is the last day that Olivia has off from work, she was called back and starts at the salon tomorrow. I am worried about her being in such close contact with people at the hair salon. They were told to bring masks, glasses or goggles, and gloves. Apparently her boss is not supplying anything except hand sanitizer! I filled a bag for her with masks, gloves, and a plastic face shield.
This was not the summer any of us planned but it worked out in a way I wouldn’t have imagined! Dan has been working less than before. Olivia and Olya were both home, probably for the last time together! Olya will graduate college in the Spring and who knows where she will get a job. I hope she stays local but we just don’t know right now. The girls got to sleep in everyday, hang out together, and stay up late!
Later in the day, I watered all of my plants again because it was so hot out. I fell once because I was holding the hose and I wasn’t near anything to grab onto. I am so much better in the morning. I think my brain gets tired after working most of the day. I went inside and finished my book and watched a little TV and talked to a few friends on the phone! It’s always nice to catch up!
I am so tired but I won't allow myself to nap. I have enough trouble falling asleep when I don't take a nap! Everyone sort of did their own thing for dinner, Olivia and her fiend Irene were outside swimming. They ordered takeout. Olya had crab legs. I had ordered a large bag of frozen crab legs which were delivered with the food order on Saturday.
I am so looking forward to going to bed tonight! I hope I will sleep several consecutive hours!!

No photo description available.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Once in a Lifetime View of my Daughter's Room! And Happy Birthday Kat

NEW BLOG

Another Day, Another Take-out Order!!