Insomnia is a vicious cycle with me and PD. When I don’t sleep well, all of my PD issues are front and center. And when I am tired, my balance is off. For the last few days I barely slept. I took all of my meds but I felt like they didn’t work at all. Then I sit around and get bored! Olivia and Olya went camping for the weekend so our house was quiet! We had two more bats in the fireplace but they couldn’t get into the house. That fireplace surround has two giant rolls of packaging tape around it!!
Olya ordered a few new key chains from Amazon. She let me pick one and i chose the sunflower one. Olya and Olivia are good at sharing. My friend recently told me that she has no relationship with her adopted daughters. She is a wonderful and sweet person and i know she was an excellent mom to them. So many adopted kids have attachment issues. She is the fourth person I know with kids adopted from Ukraine whose kids completely separated form them. That is so sad. Sometimes the kids are so damaged from being institutionalized or from living with alcoholic parents before being removed from their birth homes that they just don't know what love is. They seem to expect to get everything they want but eventually the money train ends.
Last night I slept for 6 consecutive hours!! I can’t remember the last time that happened! So today when I got up, I felt great. I was supposed to have a dentist appointment to get a new veneer but they called and cancelled. Olya and I went to Kohls because she wanted to get another birthday gift for her boyfriend Matt. She also got a few things for herself!! I didn’t buy anything, but it felt good to be out of the house!
Then we went to Michaels Craft Store. I bought a rock tumbler and a few craft kits. WE stopped at a creek near where we live and we collected some rocks. I felt like i was going to fall into the creek because my balance is still off. As soon as we got home, Olya set up and started the rock tumbler. The rock tumbler is LOUD!!! I bought a stepping stone kit for my garden! I will work on that tomorrow! I have a bereaved parent meeting tomorrow night but I don’t think I can go. I don’t like to drive far when my PD acts up so I will have to see how I feel tomorrow.
Debbie Lansburg, Jacqueline Ciminera and 7 others
12 Comments
Like
Comment
Share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Once in a Lifetime View of my Daughter's Room! And Happy Birthday Kat

NEW BLOG

Another Day, Another Take-out Order!!